Social Worker-Treatment Foster Care
**$500.00 bonus available to new hires after 3 months of service**
Provides in home Counseling services to Treatment Foster Care children and Foster families. Provides ongoing case support, coordination and advocacy to ensure a safe and stable environment for children in out of home care. Ensures homes are licensed and maintained according to Wisconsin state statutes including any required training.
- Reviews referrals for TFC placement and assists with making appropriate matches.
- Conducts initial licensing visits to prospective TFC parent to ensure initial compliance with licensing standards.
- Complete applicable licensing paper work, reports and documentation in a timely manner for final approval of Program Administrator.
- Maintains program identified caseload of TFC children and foster homes (usually 8-10).
- Provide in home support consultation, one to one training, counseling and case management at minimum bi-weekly, which may include individual and family consultation and meetings.
- Provide crisis intervention to families, including responding to specific needs (after hour responsibilities based on team coverage needs).
- Inputs data and thoroughly documents all interactions in required agency systems for analysis and review.
- Attend and participates in relevant court and/or school appointments, medication reviews, team meetings and represent the agency professionally and positively at all times.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- If Bachelor’s degree at least three years’ experience working with youth in Out of Home placement settings or relevant environments.
- If Master’s Degree, at least one year experience in Social Services and working with youth in Out of Home placements.
- Certification in Social Work required, licensing is preferred.
- Experience with SED clients preferred and experience in Trauma Informed Care.
- Ability to display cultural competence by responding respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, languages, classes, races, ethnic backgrounds, religions and other diversity factors in a manner that recognizes, affirms and values the worth of individuals, families and communities and protects and preserves the dignity of each.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and vehicle liability insurance.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, some evenings and weekends required weekly.
- Demonstrated Proficiency in written/verbal skills
- Knowledge of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM 4 &5) and Knowledge of children psychiatric diagnosis.
- Experience in developing psycho/social assessments and Home studies.
- Experience working with families.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- General office environment. In-home and community settings during client visits.
- Local travel as required fulfilling essential functions of the position.
To apply for this job please visit stcharlesinc.org.