St. Charles Youth and Family Services believes that all individuals possess unique and diverse strengths, which serve as a catalyst to healthy self-development and self-reliance. We recognize that individuals may experience obstacles during their lifetime and will benefit from the facilitation, support and partnership with professional services.
To this end, St. Charles is guided by the following principles:
Those we serve…
- are most knowledgeable about themselves and are encouraged to use that knowledge to be actively involved in decisions that concern them.
- are capable of positive growth and can experience success in their lives; their mistakes are an opportunity to strengthen their ability to learn and grow.
- deserve to feel safe and secure in their environment in order to learn and be successful.
- need to have the opportunity to make choices, which enable them to take chances/risks in a safe environment.
- need to be heard and affirmed that their opinions are important in order to create a sense of belonging.
- prosper in a culturally aware and responsive environment.
- will experience healthy relationships fostered through mutual respect, positive role modeling and professional interactions between and among staff.