Case Manager/Youth Advocate-Level II
Website St. Charles Youth & Family Services
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
IF YOU LOVE WORKING WITH YOUTH AND FAMILIES THIS JOB WILL BE VERY REWARDING FOR YOU!
**$500.00 bonus available to new hires after 3 months of service**
Provide individual case management and advocacy services to youth and families in the pre-disposition and /or post dispositional court process of Milwaukee County’s Division of Youth and Family Services Children’s Court Center and service programming.
- Adheres to Charles Youth & Family Services Policies and Procedures.
- Flexible non-routine face-to-face and phone tracks to ensure youth’s full compliance with the court’s orders and curfews.
- Commitment to work with any youth and family that is referred for the duration of their involvement in the program; acknowledge and emphasize the youth and family’s strengths, culture, and community.
- Support the family decision-making process to empower the youth and the family to avoid further law violations or continued involvement in the Juvenile Justice System.
- Prepare all documentation according to the program’s designated time frames.
- Complete Service plan with youth and family and implement recommendations consistent with court orders and plans from referral entity.
- Completion and presentation of reports to contracting entities including court officials.
- Professionally interact with school staff to monitor daily school attendance, address school behavior and the performance of each youth to improve the youth’s functioning and behavior.
- Coordinate and complete assigned tracking/coverage per program expectations and requirements as well as ensuring mandatory counseling hours and recreation are provided to each youth on caseload.
- Co-facilitate, youth and family group sessions weekly or as assigned.
- Provide Global Positioning services (GPS) monitoring of youth according to program expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Social Work, Criminal Justice or related field.
- One year’s experience with programs that serve the targeted population.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and liability insurance.
- Ability to use vehicles for work related duties according to the agency’s insurance liability standards.
- Ability to display cultural competence by responding respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, languages, classes, races, ethnic backgrounds, religions and other diversity factors in a manner that recognizes, affirms and values the worth of individuals, families and communities and protects and preserves the dignity of each.
- Knowledge of Milwaukee County (Department of Human Services, Children’s Court, Milwaukee Public Schools, and Milwaukee community based youth serving agencies.)
- Knowledge base of adolescent and family issues and dynamics.
- Appreciation for cultural and socioeconomic dynamics.
- Ability to comply with and carry out Service plans and make appropriate recommendations
- Knowledge of human growth and development theories.
- Ability to prepare formal reports as requested
- Ability to present case in court if needed.
- Ability to accurately perform record keeping and documentation entries.
- Ability to perform computer tasks using MS Windows applications, agency data base systems, and internet based systems, etc.
- Indoor/outdoor requirements (including client homes and community settings)
- Potential for physical intervention of clients as needed.
- Exposure to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Nights and weekend requirements as dictated by caseload and program needs
- Local travel as required fulfilling essential functions of the position.
To apply for this job please visit stcharlesinc.org.